Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Knock Knock........Anyone Home?

The year, 2007- End of Times? 2012?

I wake up asking myself every day how as a race of humans, we have even made it this far.

The way some of us treat each-other is purely evil. Nothing like Malice to separate us from any other form on earth and in the known universe. So much for the rise of civilization.

I always come back to the fact that it must be the will of our creator (whatever you call the Grand Architect of this universe) to allow us on this path, so close to the edge of complete disaster all the time.

And somehow we think were more evolved than plants & animals?

I had thought over and over about how I would begin to write these blogs.. What I come up with is "separate the issues, so its not just some pointless rant about how lame and backwards our race has come, or when the fall of civilization really began?

I usually don't even get that far.

When I began writing, Many of my friends and family told me what a fantastic writer and storyteller I was... Huh, Me?

most of my blogs were too incendiary for anyone. No one but my absolute closest friend(s) would provide me any feedback. Thank GOD for that little bit of encouragement too, not just ion that but in my life in general Instead, my family and friends began their slow backwards steps until very few stood ready to listen and exchange. Many of my closest friends from the past have abandoned our friendship, either not being interested enough in the subjects or what I personally have to say about them. Many of them requested that I not send them my "spam".

I wondered about this, and still do.

I wonder how they are able to deal with the fear and uncertainty without having the urge to share their feelings and opinions with others whom they care about. I wonder how anyone can have children and yet live like none of this matters anymore. Hope fully it wont all get out of hand until they are gone. When I sit down to write in the middle of the night, when everything is silent, I wonder what I am leaving behind for my son Nicholas. I wonder what would happen to me were I to just ignore and internalize all of these concerns. I mean, I pray about them (Yes, I do believe and have faith in GOD, but you may not like what I have to say about religion. Anyway, thats another subject/thread).

AT one point, I felt such a responsibility to all of the people I love, that I was willing to piss them off if I had to, if it meant insulting them to get them riled into seeing whats (obvilously to me) going on in this country. I read a book called "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom

This book helped me understand how some people, smarter than I deal with issues such as these. That book helped me put some of these same things I have been dealing with into perspective. For instance, The sudden and untimely death of my father. The distance which has grown so vastly between myself and some of the best friends I ever had. I have always tried to mauintain those friendships. I had to grow and realize that it cant only be important to one of you, it must go both ways.

Another example: Until very recently, I thought I still had a responsibility to apply my business talents towards "taking over the world", and being financially wealthy. I was in a hurry to make up for lost time....... Boy what a putz. I am so glad I learned how to get rid of money! It would suck to have to be buried with it, and never have know what its like to just live a good life.

At Amazon's wonderful forum, I started several threads. The Raising of important no, critical questions has been met with such a venom that I had to learn my education about taking part in the forum threads on the run.

The baiting by trolls, the (what I call) "Fear Biters".... Little other wise intelligent people who have been so affected by the barrage of this sensory overload and materialistic "paint your own reality" society that they are truly living in an illusory existence. They also live in paralyzing fear, so they conform. They hide. They "Buy into it".

I have read: If the culture doesnt work, then dont buy into it. Those very words have always been right on the tip of my tongue. Thanks Morrie.

Now I know what it was like,to live in the early 1700's yearning to be free, knowing what evil was and knowing that there were only so many people who would stand up and be counted among the citizenry. Ive never been much of a coward actually way too confident. I had learned the technique of absolutely ignoring what everyone thought of me (to a fault) and to follow my instinct even when it was wrong (right off the cliff of course). Back to patriotism.

I took part in the thread called "Shame on you BUSH supporters!"
Nothing like baptism (we'll get around to religion eventually) by fire.

By the way:-
(Thank you Amazon, for listening to your public, and providing the forum even if it IS a bit censored)

Of course. Its no big deal to buy an American flag sticker and slap it on your truck. Being a Patriot in easy times isn't anything new. Its the few people who care enough, to be willing to stand up and say, Something is not right here. We want you to take down the veil. This is a public society. Government for and by the people right? I have begun to learn many things about my fellow Americans in the past few years. I am learning that there are plenty of people who realkly arent sharp enough to get past the brainwashing

Being a Ptriotic American these days earns you the right to be labeled as a "potential Terrorist threat" to your own country!

Complaining at the ticket counter in any airport can get you a ride on the "Taser Special" where dying in custody is not all that uncommon. Three deaths in custody in one month! Unacceptable behavior from any public servants in a truly free society.

No comments: